The first person to register and create a team name is considered the team captain. The captain is charged with ensuring the rest of the team stays informed and gets registered before the team registration deadline.
- TEAM Captains are the point of contact for the HOC Teams Coordinator and will receive information to share with their teammates.
- TEAM Captains also have direct access to team information including email addresses, shirt sizes and more! Additionally, they can email their team directly from our website. To access this information, visit the HOC Team Captain Admin Login.
- Early team packet pickup is a way that the team captain or representative can pickup ALL tee shirts and race numbers for their team on the Wednesday (3 days) prior to race day. Those representatives are responsible for distributing to team members. You can register for early team packet pickup by answering “yes” to the team packet pickup question during the online registration process or by emailing our HOC Teams Coordinator at the HOC Teams Email no later than 9/16/21. Team packet pickup is Wednesday, September 22nd, 11am – 6pm at Harrell-Fish, Inc., 2010 Fountain Drive, Bloomington IN, 47404. Note: HOC staff is not responsible for items once they have been picked up by a team representative. Please check to make sure all sizes/numbers are correct before departing the packet pickup.
- Don’t forget to create a fundraising page for your team. When certain fundraising levels are reached, HOC will send those teams or individuals prizes after the race!
- There are Team Award categories for the 7 LARGEST teams in each category which are: Largest Cancer Survivor/Warrior team, Largest School team, Largest IU team, Largest Community team, Largest IU Health team, Largest Business team, and Largest Hospital team. Don’t forget that SPIRIT Runners (paid registrants who want to support HOC in SPIRIT but cannot attend in person) count towards your teams total registration for TEAMS awards AND they are also entitled to the very special event tee with their paid registration. So register everyone and anyone you can to win your TEAM’s category! All of Team Award category winners are recognized during the pre-race ceremonies.
- Teams can request a tailgate space to meet after the race. The HOC teams post-race tailgate area is located in IU Memorial Stadium’s parking purple lot, close to the Finish line. Team tailgate spots have limited availability and are by “reservation only”. Those teams joining our team tailgate are required to have all vehicles and tailgate materials in their designated spot no later than 8am race morning. If your team is interested in more information or reserving a spot contact the HOC teams coordinator by email at the HOC Teams Email no later than 9/16/21.
- COMP codes – We can generate a COMP code that will allow your team members to process their registrations at no charge and your group or organization to make a single payment. If you have a larger group or organization that would like to pay your Team members registration fees, please contact the Hoosiers Outrun Cancer Team coordinator at the HOC Teams Email for details about COMP codes.
Any other team-related questions? Message us here!